- American University, J.D., 1971, Kansas State University, B.A., 1968
- 1972, Virginia, District of Columbia and U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- 1974, U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Arlington County (Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee, 1990-1996)
- Virginia Bar Associations
- Virginia State Bar (Vice Chair, 2004 and Chair, 2005-2006, Fourth District Disciplinary Committee Section I)
- The Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Assistant Commonwealth Attorney, Arlington County, Virginia, 1972-1974.
- White Collar Criminal Super Lawyer, Washington, D.C., 2007
- SuperLawyer’s Top Attorneys in Virginia, 2007-2017
- Washingtonian Magazine’s 2011-2012 and 2013-2014 Top Lawyers: Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Princz v. Federal Republic of Germany et al, 26F.3d 1166, 307 U.S.App.D.C.102(1994).
- Marlowe v. Commonwealth, 347 S.E.2d 167, 2 Va. App. 619(1986).
- Harper v. Harper, 229 S.E.2d 875,217 Va. 477(1976)
- Shipman v. Kruck, 267 Va. 495, 593