We interviewed the partners and staff at SCE, and asked Mark the following questions:
What is your favorite aspect of working at Sher, Cummings & Ellis?
The collegiate atmosphere in our office; we generally have two or three interns from the law school working alongside our legal staff.
What is the most rewarding part of your career?
The respect of a thankful client after achieving success in their legal endeavor.
What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law; International School of Law, J.D., 1978,
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1973;
- College of William & Mary
- 1978, Virginia
- 1979, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, U.S. Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, Virginia Supreme Court
- 1987, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1988, District of Columbia
- 2002, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- Arlington County Bar Association (Director, 1987-1989; President, 1990-1991; Member, Judicial Selection Committee), 1993-2002
- Arlington County Bar Foundation (Board of Directors, 1990—present; Chairman, 2001-2002) and Virginia Bar Association (Member, Judicial Selection Committee, Federal Judiciary 2003—present)
- Virginia State Bar (Bar Council, 1995-2006; 2007-2013)
- The District of Columbia Bar; Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Governors, District 12, 2001—present)
- American Association for Justice (2015-present.)
- George Mason American Inn of Court (2017-present).